Khoji Support Structure
Our research and experience indicates that a strong support structure is essential for self-designed learning to unfold. In this programme, each learner gets the opportunity to co-create their own personalised support network. We envision several key dimensions:
- The Khoji Community: This dynamic peer cohort consists of 30 learners organised into smaller groups, providing a rich cross-fertilisation of knowledge and experiences as well as emotional support.
- The Ustaads: A group of knowledge leaders from all over India with whom the learners are placed for 2 month periods. In addition to hosting and guiding the learner, the mentors share their life-work and technical skills, and commit to learning projects co-created with the learners.
- The Mitras: In the true spirit of friendship, these individuals will provide an emotional anchor to the learners by creating opportunities for the learner to discuss their hurdles in their learning journeys. Mitras will also be a liaison between mentors and learners.
- Personal Feedback Council: Each learner forms a feedback council consisting of at least 5 individuals. On a periodical basis the learner shares/presents his work to his/her feedback council who in turn helps the learner connect with relevant resources and gives critical feedback on his/her work.
- The Facilitators: Their main job is to facilitate learning plans of individual learners by conducting and organising workshops, supporting individual learning styles, helping learners explore different fields of knowledge, co-ordinating with mentors/organisations and helping learners to start their own social enterprises.
- International Advisory Group: This is a group of cutting edge thinkers from around the world to provide advice and connections for Swaraj University.