Workshop hosted by Swaraj University, Swapathgami network and Abhivyakti Media for Development at Nashik on 12-13 Dec, 2014
What the workshop is about
Social entrepreneurship is a word that is being used more and more commonly around the world. The awareness that enterprises can be created to help society may be a fairly new concept with this term, but has existed throughout history.
Often good intentions alone are not enough. Social enterprises need to be managed with as much focus just as conventional businesses are. How are these businesses structured? How is success measured in a social enterprise? Can social enterprises exist within an organization? Does it make sense for CSR activities of corporates to be investments in focused social enterprises?
Moreover, how can we, as entrepreneurs- not just for creating our own business but also for starting any initiative in our circle- think more socially?
Remember, an entrepreneur doesn’t have to be someone wanting to start their own company. For us, a social entrepreneur could be anyone with a spirit to a start an initiative - whether inside an organization or outside- and wants to dedicate these efforts for the social good in some way.
With this in mind, if you have a passion and would like to champion a social initiative and start exploring it deeply, or if you want to help others who have an entrepreneurial spark in them, then this workshop is for you.
· The workshop offers a simple and step wise way to think through, plan and thus get into break through action on a social entrepreneurship idea.
· Specifically deals with the questions, challenges, dilemmas, possibilities of a social enterprise.
· Provides an environment, peers and mentors to help you work through your social enterprise idea ... Provides a community in your journey.
· Offers a space to be in touch with yourself and design something based on your heart's calling, values and beliefs and challenge yourself to ask tough existential questions for the enterprise.
Who should attend:
· Those with an entrepreneurial idea that they want to give shape to
· Those who have and initiative in the initial stages and need a push in terms of systematic thinking and problem solving to go forward
· Those who are likely to offer support to the above 2 categories.
About the facilitator
Murali Aiyer would provide us perspectives on this space and help us brainstorm our thoughts deeper and help each other. A former Director of HR with a global financial services company, he has moved out of the corporate sector to incubate a few social initiatives while continuing his association with corporates as a coach/ mentor to business leaders.
We are questioning, challenging and experimenting with our set notion of money. We would like to welcome you in this experiment and deeper our understanding of gift culture.
However, there is a basic cost to host this event and we invite you to contribute based on what you feel called to - for yourself or even for others. Participants are invited to contribute what they want and can (The estimated expenses for food, stay and resource persons comes to ₹ 1200).
Your contribution will help keep such learning spac es alive and also can support other peoples’ participation. No one will be refused due to money constraints.
So welcome and join our experiment and explore your relationship with money.
If you need scholarship please write or speak to us.
You can register as soon as possible here.
Or copy this link http://goo.gl/forms/wdjM3HKMCK
We will send you more details for lodging, food etc. as soon as you register.
If there are any cancellations, please let us know at the earliest, preferably by 5th Dec.
For more, you can always email us on email@example.com,call us on 09850971618 or 08141067520 or ask a question on our facebook event page or copy this link http://tinyurl.com/pjkyh3h